Finding the time to exercise can prove challenging when you constantly juggle work, kids, household chores, and all the rest. And let’s be honest, even if you do have a moment of free time, you are likely exhausted, and driving to the gym or scheduling a workout class is probably the last thing you want to do. But in recent years, mobile apps have transformed the fitness space by making it more accessible and affordable. Gone are the days when you had to be in a certain location to work out or spend large sums of money to get personalized training. From running and biking to yoga and spinning classes, to pocket trainers for those seeking personalized training, there is now a fitness app for everyone.
Getting in shape can really change your life — not only does it make you feel better in the short term, but it also improves your long-term physical and mental health, helps fight chronic disease, and much more. Don’t know where to start? Stop stressing! Read on for our list of five awesome fitness apps that will help you tone up from the convenience and comfort of your home. That’s it! Now is the best time to do something for yourself and your health.
- Nike Training Club app – This exercise app provides more than 180 routines with various categories including yoga, strength training, weights and running – all organized by activity. Once you open the app, it gives you 4 different options to choose from – to get lean, get toned, get strong or get focused. Each section features many different workouts at either 30 or 45 minutes and some targeted workout blasts at just 15 minutes. The best part? Nike Training Club is completely free to download and you don’t need to have internet connectivity to use it.
- Sworkit – This app caters to your fitness goals whether that is to get fitter, leaner or stronger, and provides an array of exercises to choose from, including yoga for runners, daily stretches and 5-minute ab trainings. Workouts range in time from an hour to only five minutes.
- Down Dog – With up to 30,000 variations of yoga workouts, Down Dog gives you plenty of options. This app has built-in music and seven different instructors for you to choose from so you can have the most enjoyment from your yoga workout.
- Daily Yoga – This yoga app is the go-to for improving your overall health. Daily Yoga offers 500+ asanas, 200+ guided yoga classes, Pilates, meditation, and 50+ workout plans. There are clear instructions with every workout, three different level options and elective scheduled plans for you to achieve your fitness goals. It’s also connected to the Apple Health app and offers the ability to ask experts questions and get feedback on different routines.
- Freeletics – This app is a personal trainer in your pocket! An AI coach will drive you to improve your performance by analyzing your workouts and tracking your progress. It will modify your training plan to get you the best results. The app offers 140+ exercises and 900+ different workouts ranging from 10-30 minutes each, including running, bodyweight training, or using free weights.