With the holiday season upon us, countless dinners and parties are no doubt on the calendar. And if you’re so lucky, the party comes to you. The opportunity to show off your hosting prowess and your A1 holiday decorating skills are only a couple incentives to planning the party in the comfort of your own home. Alas, party planning isn’t complete without a fair share of to-do’s. Keep yourself worry-free and ace your holiday shindig with these streamlined tips.
Get Ahead of the Game
- Surely, the last thing on your mind after Halloween is setting up for holiday soirées. Before you start bringing out the holly jolly décor or hunting down the perfect tree, start with cleaning your home. Even tacking down those least-trafficked zones will allow more time to clean the entertaining spaces (like the family room, dining room and the kitchen) closer to the festivities.
- If home-cooked meals at your party are a must, it is a smart idea to restock your cabinets with kitchen essentials to avoid last-minute trips to the store closer to the date of the party.
- This also goes without saying to start those DIY decorations, especially if you’re budgeting for gift lists and other travel expenses.
Something for Everyone
- Food is a definite part of any holiday party. A menu can be tricky to create when you have several diets to consider. Instead of altering your favorite recipes to match individual preferences, send out the menu you’ve prepared to your guests and encourage them to bring a dish if it better fits their dietary needs.
- Entertainment and activities for all ages is also something to consider. You might consider leaving Netflix up to the entertaining if a marathon of Christmas classics is a seasonal tradition. Or, you can check out these simple and silly games that are just right for the whole family.
Make it Memorable
- Whether you’ve taken the time to craft DIY centerpieces or curate a seasonal menu, the personal details of your merrymaking will guarantee lasting memories for your guests.
- If you supply the cameras, your guests can take care of capturing those special moments so you can be in the moment.
- Still have some of your signature pie leftover? Avoid the temptation of keeping those extra treats around the house by sending them home with your guests. These to-go containers keep the mood festive without breaking the bank.
- If you need a little help, don’t be afraid to ask. Enlisting the help of your friends and family or accepting those extra homemade dishes includes your guests in the fun. After all, ‘tis the season of giving!