Professional Builder’s 2018 Builder of the Year has gotten as far as it has by anticipating what’s coming next and being correct far more often than not. What others call risk-taking, Trumark co-founders Mike Maples and Gregg Nelson regard as tenacity and creative problem-solving, two of the five core competencies—deal-making, market insight, and operational excellence being the others—that get people hired at Trumark.
With the holiday season upon us, countless dinners and parties are no doubt on the calendar. And if you’re so lucky, the party comes to you. The opportunity to show off your hosting prowess and your A1 holiday decorating skills are only a couple incentives to planning the party in the comfort of your own home. Alas, party planning isn’t complete without a fair share of to-do’s. Keep yourself worry-free and ace your holiday shindig with these streamlined tips.
Get Ahead of the Game
- Surely, the last thing on your mind after Halloween is setting up for holiday soirées. Before you start bringing out the holly jolly décor or hunting down the perfect tree, start with cleaning your home. Even tacking down those least-trafficked zones will allow more time to clean the entertaining spaces (like the family room, dining room and the kitchen) closer to the festivities.
- If home-cooked meals at your party are a must, it is a smart idea to restock your cabinets with kitchen essentials to avoid last-minute trips to the store closer to the date of the party.
- This also goes without saying to start those DIY decorations, especially if you’re budgeting for gift lists and other travel expenses.
Something for Everyone
- Food is a definite part of any holiday party. A menu can be tricky to create when you have several diets to consider. Instead of altering your favorite recipes to match individual preferences, send out the menu you’ve prepared to your guests and encourage them to bring a dish if it better fits their dietary needs.
- Entertainment and activities for all ages is also something to consider. You might consider leaving Netflix up to the entertaining if a marathon of Christmas classics is a seasonal tradition. Or, you can check out these simple and silly games that are just right for the whole family.
Make it Memorable
- Whether you’ve taken the time to craft DIY centerpieces or curate a seasonal menu, the personal details of your merrymaking will guarantee lasting memories for your guests.
- If you supply the cameras, your guests can take care of capturing those special moments so you can be in the moment.
- Still have some of your signature pie leftover? Avoid the temptation of keeping those extra treats around the house by sending them home with your guests. These to-go containers keep the mood festive without breaking the bank.
- If you need a little help, don’t be afraid to ask. Enlisting the help of your friends and family or accepting those extra homemade dishes includes your guests in the fun. After all, ‘tis the season of giving!
Trumark Recognized by Prestigious Industry Publication for Innovative Approach to Business
Newport Beach, Calif. (November 29, 2018)–Trumark Companiesannounced today the company was recently named “Builder of the Year” at the Housing Giants Leadership Conference presented by Professional Builder Magazine, one of the largest and most renowned home building publications in the country. The conference and awards were held at The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California.
An annual award presented since 1966, the Builder of the Year program continues its objective of acknowledging home builders whose innovative ideas and business results represent the best in home building. The Builder of the Year is selected by Professional Builder’s editors, who determine the winning firm with input from a select group of industry consultants. Recognizing Trumark’s momentous success over the last three decades, the publication honored Trumark’s diversification strategy and adept ability to anticipate and adapt to the future of the home building industry needs.
“Receiving this award is truly an honor and we cannot think of a better way to close out our 30thyear in business than with this prominent recognition. We are so grateful to Professional Builder Magazinefor selecting us among the prestigious home builders across the country,” said Gregg Nelson, co-founder and principal at Trumark Companies. “Across all of our divisions, Trumark’s success is a by-product of each and every talented member on our team who continually strives to innovate and thoughtfully develop new communities that resonate with our buyers.”
Over the course of the past 30 years, Trumark has successfully entitled over 100 development sites and more than 8,000 residential lots. Trumark has been instrumental in the development of more than 2,200 homesites throughout California and built and sold more than 1,400 homes. Most recently, Trumark broke ground on its first TruLiving community, an age-qualified, wellness-centric master plan called The Collective in Manteca, California. The company currently is building new home communities spanning the state of California including: Fielding and Perch in Dublin, Glass Bay in Newark, SP78 in San Jose, Centerhouse in Ontario, Founders and Bristol in Chino Hills and Lewis+Mason in Anaheim. Trumark has received numerous local and national awards, including best attached, detached, multi-product and master planned community in the country and this past year was also named the third fastest growing private builder nationwide.
“We take pride in paving the way for the next generation of home builders and recognize our responsibility to enhance the lives of those who call our communities home and make a positive social impact on a global scale,” said Michael Maples, co-founder and principal at Trumark Companies. “As we forge ahead and introduce forward-thinking communities in both global gateway markets and attractive suburban markets, we look forward to expanding our portfolio and creating timeless communities across California.”
About Trumark Group of Companies
Celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2018, The Trumark Group of Companies is a diversified real estate development and building firm that includes: Trumark Communities, a master planned community developer; Trumark Homes, a next generation homebuilder; Trumark Commercial, which builds, leases and sells commercial buildings; and Trumark Urban, a vertically integrated residential developer focused on core urban neighborhoods. www.trumarkco.com
Trumark Homes — a subsidiary of California-based Trumark Companies — however, is seeking to introduce a condominium product into the crowded San José market to appeal to the urban tenant who wants to buy property. Trumark picked up the already-entitled property, located near 255 N. Market St., in 2017, seeing a unique opportunity to bring inventory to the City’s tight middle market.
The morning after Thanksgiving may be spent leisurely rolling out of bed while feeling as if you ate enough of last night’s feast to keep you full for the next three days. However, we all know that’s entirely unrealistic and most likely you’ll find yourself digging into the leftovers by midday. Likewise, instead of salvaging the leftovers to make a traditional turkey sandwich this year, experiment with these nine redeeming recipes.
Continue the festive feast through the early (or late) morning with this appetizing twist on a breakfast favorite. Whether devoured as a ‘breakfast in bed’ occasion or enjoyed at the kitchen table with a cup of Joe, the sweet potato kale frittata is sure to be a hit for all ages.
Mexican flare with American tradition, this flavorful dish is an easy go-to for a quick mid-afternoon snack. This recipe is an obvious choice for when you’re exhausted from entertaining the night before, but have to cook for the relatives that are still lingering around the house.
This healthy version of traditional chili is an easy recipe for your crockpot and a warm comfort-style food for a chilly day – the perfect meal for staying inside and online shopping for those killer black Friday deals.
As traditional pizzas continue to evolve into more trendy, health-conscious alternatives, create a new Thanksgiving pizza recipe from the comfort of your kitchen. Whether kneading your own homemade dough or using a cauliflower crust, pizza making is not only leisurely but an easy activity that’s fun for the whole family!
A gourmet version of the classic American sandwich and a simple way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers, this turkey pesto panini is a no-stress recipe that you likely already have all the ingredients for.
Although it may not be your first go-to ingredient for waffle batter, adding sweet potatoes to the mix offers a luscious flavor and creamy texture for a morning treat even adults can’t resist. Looks like your post-Thanksgiving cleanse will have to wait.
These stuffed peppers are an appetizing way to add more veggies to your diet and feel a little less guilty about eating yet another indulgent turkey dish.
A melt-in-your-mouth recipe that’s easily prepared in ten short minutes and is just as quickly consumed by desirous mouths.
These crumble bars are an easy way to use the remaining cranberry sauce and offer a delectable treat for the heads in the family with an undeniable sweet-tooth. It just might become the next Thanksgiving food tradition!