All year we patiently wait for fall to arrive so we can unpack our favorite sweaters and start ordering pumpkin spice lattes from our favorite coffee shops. These fall favorites are a must, but there are so many more ways to make the most out of fall and celebrate within the home. Read on for six ways to decorate the home with seasonal finds for fall.
Deck the Door
One of the best things about fall is undoubtedly Thanksgiving. A great way to put houseguests in the fall mood even before they step inside is a ‘Give Thanks’ doormat. This accessory will give your home a cozy and warm ambiance from the second you greet your guests. You can up the cheer even more by adding a “Happy Fall” themed wreath to really impress your friends and have the ultimate fall home. Check out this doormat from Wayfair or this festive wreath from Williams Sonoma here.
Move along flowers – pumpkins are here to stay! With pumpkins being the icon of autumn, what better way to celebrate than by putting them right in the middle of your kitchen table. Make sure you get all the seeds out and you’ll have a vase that you’ll love all season long. Read here for incredible pumpkin centerpiece inspiration.
Fall Throw Pillows and Blankets
To relish that cozy fall feeling, switch up your classic furry pillows for a fall classic. Everyone loves a good throw pillow, and having a fall inspired throw is a quick and easy seasonal transition. Transform the room by trading out pillows for plaids and stripes with red and orange for an autumnal vibe. Get obsessed with this adorable fall delivery pillow from Wayfair!
When the weather starts to cool, it’s officially snuggle weather, which means it’s time to cozy up with a festive throw blanket perfect for cuddling up with in bed or while watching TV. Nothing screams fall more than red or orange everywhere, which is why we suggest checking out this festive blanket from Amazon.
Create Chalkboard Artwork
One way to make the back-to-school craziness simpler is by adding a festive and creative chalkboard! Hang the chalkboard near the entryway and leave festive notes, inspiring messages or reminders. Complete this look with pinecones, moss and acorns lining the bottom. Get creative with this great example from Amazon here.
When thinking of decorating pumpkins, we usually picture a “scary” pumpkin, but there are many other adorable ways to have fun with pumpkins during the holiday season. Dress up your pumpkin with lace like this or check out some fun and creative ideas here that your kids are sure to love.
Whether you just moved into a new home or are looking to give your home a quick makeover, we’ve got you covered! Read on to discover our favorite new and timeless home design trends that are sure to brighten any interior!
The simpler, the better.
Take a break from oversaturation and opt for functionality instead. Choose simple colors and clean lines to create a harmonious environment that just flows. Your home décor, above everything, should make you feel relaxed.
Plants, plants, and more plants.
This trend has quite a few benefits. First off, studies have shown that plants actually do reduce stress, improve concentration and boost moods. They also help to reduce carbon dioxide levels, keeping air temperature down. Not to mention, they can be the perfect touch for an incomplete space.
Sage green is trending.
Sage is the perfect color to make a statement. The coolness of the color keeps the space calm and simple. This shade is leading the way for trendy colors, and will continue to make its mark through 2019. It doesn’t have to be pasted onto the walls to be present. It can be brought in through plants, rugs, throw blankets and pillows.
Don’t hesitate- make a statement on your ceiling.
Due to the simplicity of your new space, you’ll need a pattern to introduce the “wow factor.” Instead of crowding the room with vibrantly-distracting walls, leave the statement-making to the ceiling. It can work to tie together all of the colors in a centralized point.
Say goodbye to the ordinary picture frames and hello to the wall-suspended decorations.
What was once only featured in bohemian spaces, has now made its way into all types of interiors. Whether your house is modern, rustic, or bohemian, wall hangings can be the perfect finishing touch to a room.
The latest trends are moving towards earth tones and neutral decorative pieces. Linen and nude colors are taking the place of greys and browns. These shades can modernize and freshen up your current space or transform a blank slate.
Scallops and curves are trending with full force. Fan-shaped fish scale tiles, curved mirrors, and scalloped furniture are all in. Add the tiles into the kitchen backsplash or retile your shower to incorporate the freshest new design trend into your home.
Velvet is back.
The internet search history doesn’t lie. In the past six months, velvet has become the most sought-after fabric. It adds texture and shine, making the simplest piece of furniture pop.
Create symmetrical harmony with geometric patterns.
Geometric patterns work to warm up a space. Adding few decorative pillows with tribal, geometric shapes is an easy way to change the look of an entire room. As we are seeing simplicity come into play, decorative geometric shapes are key!
Use these trends to have some fun while designing or refreshing your home. Stay simple and go neutral to create the most harmonious living arena.
San Ramon, Calif.-based Trumark Communities recently announced the launch of TruLiving, a new-home community model that will integrate fitness, entertainment, connectivity and wellbeing by offering activities ranging from community volunteer opportunities and cultural trips to cooking and music classes, fitness and outdoor amenities and technology that allows residents to view social-event calendars, schedule an exercise class and more.
Going on a vacation is one of the best ways to explore the world and have some down time. However, there’s no need to venture far to experience something new. A staycation is one of the best ways to reap all the benefits a vacation has to offer while allowing you to have all of the fun without the cost. Instead of hopping on a plane for your next getaway, act like a tourist in your own city! Instead of getting in the same routine every day, get up and explore your surroundings. Read on for our five best staycation ideas for that good getaway feeling right outside of your doorstep.
- Wine, cheese, and movie night with friends
While the idea of “Netflix and chill” on vacation might not sound exciting, when was the last time you had your friends over for a movie night? You can get dressed up, have a potluck dinner and drink wine, or you can have a pajama night and lounge together on the couch. Whether you dress up or dress down, it will be a memorable night to bond with friends and enjoy a new movie without the $20 price tag that comes along with going out to the cinema.
- Explore your city
Make a plan to sightsee your city as a “world traveler” would. Whether it’s visiting popular tourist attractions, checking out a local food festival or just spending time learning what makes your city special. Wandering around the unknown streets, you’re guaranteed to appreciate your city that much more. Think about all the restaurants, coffee shops and hidden gems that await – you could be living in a tourist’s paradise all along!
- Stay at a local hotel
The best way to feel like you’re actually going on a vacation is by leaving the comfort of your own home and relaxing in fluffy robes while enjoying room service. Even if it’s just for a night, disassociating from the familiar places and everyday routines will give you that amazing ‘I’m on vacation’ feeling. While your kids enjoy the pool or game room, head to the spa to get some much needed downtime.
If you’re more outdoorsy and crave adventure, pitching a tent in your backyard with the kids creates the perfect getaway without leaving the home. Build a fire, make smores and watch the stars – a classic camping night will be captivating for the kiddos without having to take them anywhere!
- Power down
Relaxing is the best part of a vacation, and what better way to get the most of your vacation than by unplugging from technology? Treat your staycation like a real vacation and live in the moment without continuously checking emails or social media. You are guaranteed to relax and connect with your family when you “check-out” from the web.
Even though summer isn’t officially over until September 22, Fall sweaters have already been dug up while bathing suits are sadly put away until next year when days are longer and sweeter. As the days slowly get shorter, we all look at our calendars in anticipation for Summer 2019. Luckily, there’s still time left to knock off a few bucket list items and get a few more wears out of the bathing suits before they’re put away for good (or at least until next year). Here are seven ways to top out the summer.
- Backyard BBQ – Nothing says summer more than family, friends and hot dogs. Invite family and friends over for some quality time under the sun – no better way to bring people together than with food. Sip on cocktails (or juice for the kiddos) and get your tan on, and get to know your neighbors. Check out some BBQ ideas here.
- Beach Picnic – In a few months it will be too cold to go to the beach, so make the most of it now. It’s as easy as grabbing your blanket, a loved one, and a few sandwiches and dips from your local Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. Plus, can you think of a better place to get your last-minute summer reading in than when watching unforgettable sunset views? Check out some picnic inspiration ideas here.
- State fair – No matter what age you are, your inner kid comes out at the state fair. Treat yourself to fried Oreos or a caramel apple. Although it isn’t exactly healthy food, that’s what makes it so special, right? Your kids will cherish the prizes they win at the arcade forever. Check out some of the best California fairs here.
- Outdoor movie – You can have a movie date night year round, but nothing is as special as taking it outside with a loved one. Many rooftop hotels or drive-thru movie theaters have summer specials where you can cuddle up to loved ones while watching classic movies – a romantic way to end any summer day. Check out some other summer date night ideas here.
- Sunset hike – What’s better than nature and views? Get some extra steps in, some beautiful photography and feel on top of the world. There’s no better way to catch the last summer sunset.
- Outdoor concert – Basically anything you can do outdoors during the summer you should cross of the bucket list. In a few months when the weather gets cold, you’ll want to stay inside as much as possible, so cherish the warm weather while you can. Check out some outdoor concerts in SoCal here.
- Find a new recipe – It’s always fun to find a new recipe that your family loves. Whether it’s going to a local farmers market and buying local and fresh ingredients, or watching a cooking show, or just experimenting in the kitchen with the kids, there’s nothing more rewarding than finding a new recipe that your kids will be excited to eat. Check out some healthy and easy recipes that we shared here.
The best part of any bucket list is that it’s your own. It’s not too late to make this summer the best one yet – make the most of it now! And remember, for anything that you can’t cross off this summer, you can always tackle next year.