Tis the season for shopping, but don’t leave your home off of the list! As the holidays quickly approach, now is the time to make sure the interior of your home is just the way you want it before welcoming friends and family. This can already be a stressful time of year, but livening up your home doesn’t have to be. Transform your home into a cozy winter enclave by following the quick tips below:
- Greys and Blues – The neutral of the season is grey, but that doesn’t mean things have to be boring and bland. Make your living space really stand out with strategic pops of midnight blue, offering a nice complement to the subtle greys everywhere else. From silvered curtains and frost-colored paint to indigo pillows and ink blue rugs, the combinations are endless.
- Cozy Knits – The huge, chunky, knitted scarf you have is no longer just a fashion accessory. Knits have found their way into the home, with a host of pillows, throws and even ottomans donning the cable-knit design. Keep things in the neutral grey zone or spice things up a bit with creams and reds.
- Plush Throws – You can’t get too far into a discussion on winter interiors without bringing up throws. A staple of the winter season, throws can offer just the right amount of comfort and warmth, and with full, plush throws like the ones from Alicia Adams Alpaca you won’t even need a down comforter to fall asleep at night.
- Metallic Bronze – Bronzes, and at times golds, have quickly become a mainstay during the winter months, especially as the holidays near. Metallic bronzes can be found across a range of holiday decorations, lamps and dinnerware, but your best bet is to stick to small bronze details.
- Natural Lights – Whether you see snow or not during the winter months, bright, natural light that pours in through windows is the best lighting for you winter designs. If the room doesn’t receive a lot of natural light, consider mirrors and light bulbs that are a soft white or warm white
These trends offer small, practical and gratifying design changes during the winter months that can make a big impact. The sooner you start, the better prepared you will be for impressing those holiday guests. If you don’t know where to start, check out a few of our Pace, Timber and SL70 community snapshots for some inspiration!