Earthquakes, wildfires and this year’s impending El Niño have the potential to devastate California homeowners if adequate preparations are not made ahead of time. When a storm is bearing down, or a wildfire approaching, you don’t want to be thinking about all the things you should have done to protect your family, house and finances. By taking some crucial steps today, you can help minimize damage and increase the likelihood that you, your family and your home will be safe and secure.
California’s Department of Public Health and the American Red Cross are two incredible resources for this very topic, providing a comprehensive guide to disaster preparedness, with general tips for families that include the following:
- Develop a disaster plan – Determining the risk associated with living in your area is the first step in disaster preparedness. Ask yourself questions about the probability of earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides or any other natural disasters to help set the stage for how you should prepare. Then, create a specific step-by-step plan for how you will respond in the event of an emergency.
- Make sure you’re covered – One of the most important financial considerations prior to a natural disaster is to understand what your home owners insurance covers, and carefully consider whether you need to buy supplemental coverage based on your area’s risk factors.
- Create a checklist/emergency supply kit – List out all items needed should you lose electricity, water or heat. Then, take that list and create an emergency supply kit filled with not only necessities like food and water, but also a first aid kit, clothing, and special needs items. It’s also important to plan for long periods of time where you might not have access to the essentials.
- Have a family discussion – The only way to ensure everyone in your family knows what to do during a disaster is to talk about it. Gathering your family in one place to go over meeting places and protocols adds an extra layer of security and safety. By doing this, you ease some of the fears associated with disasters.
Natural disasters are a fact of life, but with a bit of foresight and advance planning, you can ensure that your home and your family will be better prepared to face whatever Mother Nature throws your way.
A new, transformative development is helping to reshape the core of Silver Lake, one of LA’s hottest neighborhoods: SL70, a new community of 70 ground-up two- and three-bedroom homes sited on the former home to Selig Polyscope, Hollywood’s first permanent movie studio.
Developer Trumark Homes has introduced refreshed life to a long vacant parcel along one of the neighborhood’s major thoroughfares with the collection of these newly built standalone homes.
Below are a few highlights about the community, including:
- Expanding Silver Lake’s Footprint. SL70 borders Los Angeles’ thriving Silver Lake and Echo Park neighborhoods, minutes from the thriving area’s entertainment, shopping, dining, recreational hotspots and convenient community to the city’s major job centers.
- Contemporary stylings and modern amenities. Each SL70 home is thoughtfully designed with an open floorplan that bridges the indoors with the outdoors. Homes feature premium kitchen appliances from Bertazzoni, Broan, and Bosch; recessed lighting integrated throughout; and modern amenities, including accommodations for future solar energy and electric vehicle hookups
- Rooted in Tinseltown’s history. Built on the former home to Hollywood’s first permanent movie studio, Selig Polyscope, SL70 pays homage to the site’s history with street names that hark back to the silent film era. Trumark Homes also commissioned local art collective Cyrcle, the team known for creating street art-style public art installations in hotspots around the globe, to envision a classic movie-inspired mural that wraps the property.
- Limited Inventory, high demand. With less than 10 percent of original developer inventory remaining at SL70 and limited new build-inventory in the submarket, now is the time to capitalize on the carefree living offered by SL70’s turnkey homes.
Trumark Homes has tapped real estate veteran Tony Bosowski to fill the newly created position of Northern California Division President for the rapidly growing California homebuilding company. With nearly 25 years of industry experience, Mr. Bosowski will oversee all operations of the Northern California division of Trumark Homes, which is currently active throughout the Bay Area, Silicon Valley and Tri-Valley locations.
The award-winning homebuilder is currently selling homes in four different residential communities across the region, with four additional neighborhoods to start in 2016.
“Tony brings unmatched industry expertise that will prove invaluable as we prepare to embark on several planned developments in Northern California and close out sales on existing assets,” said Trumark Homes Co-Founder Gregg Nelson. “This is an important strategic step in managing the continued growth of the Northern California operations of Trumark Homes, particularly in light of Northern California’s booming housing market supported by significant job growth, low interest rates and buyer confidence in the economy.”
Before joining Trumark Homes, Mr. Bosowski most recently served as the President of JKM Development for six years. Prior to that, he was the Northern California Division President of The Olson Company, where he was responsible for managing all core business functions and ultimately grew the division over 300 percent. Mr. Bosowski also previously served as the Chief Financial Officer for Patriot Homes and the Director of Real Estate Finance for The Walt Disney Company.
“Trumark Homes has a distinct reputation for building high-quality homes in areas that exhibit strong job growth, proximity to transit and other favorable amenities,” said Mr. Bosowski. “The company is primed for significant growth. My goal is to build on an already strong platform to capture the significant demand for new homes in prime Northern California communities.”
Mr. Bosowski holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of California, Los Angeles. He is also a licensed contractor in the state of California.
About Trumark Homes
Trumark Homes is a visionary, next generation homebuilder with a robust portfolio of master plan communities and new home neighborhoods spanning the state of California. Emphasizing distinction and innovation in every home, Trumark Homes focuses on core infill developments in locations that exhibit strong job growth and provide access to major job centers. The nationally award-winning homebuilder is part of the Trumark Group of Companies, a diversified real estate development and building firm that also includes: Trumark Communities, a residential land development platform; Trumark Commercial, which builds, leases and sells commercial buildings; and Trumark Urban, a vertically integrated residential developer focused on core urban neighborhoods. For more information, visit www.TrumarkHomes.com
New Construction Homes Are a Hit in Silver Lake
The once hipster neighborhood is seeing a high demand for new-construction for-sale homes, and the new SL70 development is filling the void, GlobeSt.com learns in this EXCLUSIVE interview with Mark Higgins, the SVP of sales and marketing for Trumark Homes.
October 1, 2015
Stand out from the crowd at SL70, Silver Lake’s newest neighborhood featuring design-centric living, three or more floors of living space and rooftop terraces on most homes. As the wildly popular new home community quickly approaches sellout, an Open House will be held on Saturday, October 3 from 10 AM to 6 PM to release four of the nationally-acclaimed model units.
Step into modern luxury at SL70 and experience elegant finishes, contemporary recessed lighting, and picturesque oversized windows propped between 10’ ceilings in the main living space. Each home serves as a culinary retreat, boasting premium kitchen appliances from Bertazzoni, Broan, and Bosch, contemporary European cabinetry and Quartz countertops. SL70 is located just minutes from the thriving Silver Lake/Echo Park entertainment, shopping, dining and recreational hotspots.
The neighborhood features two- and three-bedroom single-family homes, each with attached garages, and no HOA dues.
The following model units will be released for sale:
Pricing available at open house
Eclectic, electric and exciting!
Save the Date!
- When: Saturday, October 3, 10 AM to 6 PM
- Where: 2210 Clifford Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026
- More Info: Visit SL70.com or call (323) 388-8782